( This was supposed to be "10" things, but when i realized how long this was getting i decided to cut it short. Maybe i'll do a "Part 2" some other time. )
1. What you allow is what will continue. This seems super obvious, but it depends how you look at it. Something as simple as this sentence has so much power. The power is yours! We all tend to let things slide, assuming that our opinion, our voice, our actions will not make a difference. Notice the more we wait for others to create the change, everything stays the same? I believe in this very strongly, and i also want to live by this. The good things we allow, keep everything at a steady and content pace. The bad things we allow, prove that they have power over us. It is something to think about.
2. When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don't get to decide that you didn't. -Louis C.K. Everyone has their limits. Even if you don't understand someone else's emotions, it is a learning experience for you to know what upsets them. Even if you don't understand how you could have hurt someone else, it doesn't mean you didn't. That is your responsibility to learn what you should do differently, or whether or not someone is a good fit for you. Along with this, you should never be hesitant to let someone know when they did hurt you. Which ALSO fits with "what you allow is what will continue." See?
3. You should always tell people how important they are to you. This is extremely important to me. This year i have branched out and made my appreciate for others known. This has always been difficult for me depending on the person. Sometimes I care for people so deeply, and i admire them as a person so deeply, that i am afraid they will not see me the same way. I am afraid i will put all of my feelings on the table and the person will be thinking "that's sweet, but....really?" Do you ever wonder if you love certain people more than you love yourself? This year i went out of my comfort zone. My Auntie Sara had told me that life is short, and you should tell people when they create a special influence on your life. It isn't easy for me, but it isn't about me. If there is one thing that every human being loves, it is to be appreciated. If someone makes your day, tell them. If someone inspires you to be a better person, tell them. If you miss someone, or fear losing someone, tell them!! I know with a lot of things, i think and feel so much on the inside that i expect people to "just know" how i feel. Not everyone "just knows", you have to show them.
4. People (any age) should write more. Okay okay, i know writing is not for everyone. Many of my own friends absolutely do not understand how i write the way i do. It's different for everyone, but i just think it is such an amazing outlet that more people should try. Whether it's writing a list, a food journal, or a daily reflection on your day, etc. My mind is quite complicated. A professional once said about me, "she literally questions every single thing in her mind." No exaggeration there. It is tiring. My thoughts are always racing and if i am speaking I am found stumbling over my words because my mind is already prepared for the next 3 sentences to come. For me, writing is my sanctuary. I can straighten everything out in my mind with writing. You don't need to have a crazy anxiety disorder like me to benefit from writing. We all get stressed, have a bad day, get anxious, feel angry, have mental blocks from our built up emotions. So what do i believe in? THAT MORE PEOPLE SHOULD TRY WRITING.
5. Mistakes and decisions are 2 different things. In fact, many "mistakes" are just very bad decisions. A mistake is when you aren't thinking, you have no idea what could go wrong, you later know that if you had done something differently or had known to do something differently it would prevent the mistake. It makes me frustrated when people who KNOW what they are doing, call a BAD DECISION a mistake. OR when they make the same "mistake" more than once. No. The mistake was that you repeatedly call your stupid decisions accidents. There is SUCH a difference, and unfortunately i call this something i believe, because i have dealt with people who disagree.
Here' s a look into the life of a living contradiction! Welcome Welcome! Just a college girl trying to create a peaceful life while managing irrational anxiousness. :-)